- What’s something on your bucket list?
- What’s one thing you’ll never do again?
- What’s your cellphone wallpaper?
OPEN IN PRAYER
After the cross, Jesus ascended back into heaven and sat at the right hand of the Father. In salvation, we walked through the doorway that Jesus provided, but what is next? God wrote your book of life before the foundations of the earth. Our privilege as a Christian is not only salvation but to live out our days as they are written in our book. Jesus brought the keys of the kingdom and gave them to us. How will we use these keys? Church is not meant to just be a house of salvation but a house of discipleship. When the word of God is taught, and we accept the “contract” we will receive the blessings of God. God wants us to walk our life out living and doing all that He intended for us.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Hebrews 7:25 and Romans 7:24. Both say that Jesus intercedes for us. The word intercessor comes from the same word that means advocate or lawyer. Jesus stands in a court room and defends us in the face of the accuser of the brethren. Jesus is our lawyer, advocate, and “go between”. The accuser’s accusations cannot touch us unless we agree with him. Have you ever come into agreement with what the accuser spoke over your life? How can you prevent from agreeing with the accuser in the future?
- Read Psalms 139:16-18. The bible says that God created us before the foundation of the earth. He has the number of days planned for us and already recorded in our book. God has more thoughts of us than grains of sand. Have you ever wondered what is written in your book? Did you know God had a book written about your life? Is it important to you to live in God’s will?
- Read Romans 8:28-30. The message states there are five points in this scripture to flesh out what is written in your book. God foreknew, predestined, called and justified us so that our lives would glorify Him. God has a plan for us, but He does not determine if it is lived out on earth, WE determine if that will come to pass. Share your salvation story with your group. Discuss the steps you must take to find out what is in your book of life.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Pray for one another that we do not listen to what the accuser says but meditate on what God says about us. Be intentional to spend time with the Lord and listen to the Holy Spirit and what He says about your life and what is written in your book.