- What is your favorite app you can’t live without?
- Have you been part of a tik tok challenge? Do you know what that is?
- What is your favorite late-night snack?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Seeds create cycles as we learned last week. There can be what Pastor Ron called a ‘cycle of iniquity’ that runs in families. Iniquity means to be twisted or bent. The blood is what carries traits from one generation to another generation in a family. Everything good and bad that is passed down is in the bloodline. God not only wants you, but He wants your whole house. The very reason why the enemy sows a seed in the family line is that he not only wants you, but he is after your entire house. The blood in your bloodline may carry a curse but the blood of Jesus carries the power to break ALL curses! Sometimes when God gives you a promise it may not be for you but will manifest through your children or grandchildren.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Exodus 20:5 The bible says that we shall not bow down or serve idols, for the Lord Our God is a jealous God. This iniquity of fathers would fall on the third and fourth generations of those who hate Him. What is an example of idols that can be worshipped in the place of God? How can we break the curse of our fathers and its effect on our lives?
- Read Mark 10:46-52 Bartimaeus was a blind beggar. When he heard that Jesus was in his proximity, he took a chance to get his attention. Even though people told him to be quiet, he shouted even louder! He eventually received his breakthrough and freedom from sickness. Why was it important for Bartimaeus to ignore the people trying to stop him from getting his healing? How can we be like Bartimaeus and cancel the negativity in our lives and hang on to our breakthrough?
- Read Acts 16:16-19 The Bible tells the story of the young woman with a spirit of divination. She was making a large amount of money for her masters. When Paul saw this after several days, he cast that spirit out of her. The masters pulled Paul and Silas to be judged and beaten and thrown in prison. Why did the masters react to the young lady’s freedom the way that they did? From this story do you see how not all people want you set free. How can you ensure that the people around you are truly FOR you and believing for your freedom?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Remind one another to speak the power of the blood of Jesus that breaks curses off our bloodlines and speak freedom over you and your families.