- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
- Do you have any pets? What are their names?
- What is something you are great at cooking?
OPEN IN PRAYER
There are so many things that many of us have lost in this year. But the great thing about God is that when we see something bad, He turns it around for good. Whatever is afflicting you, bothering you or trying to destroy you, God is using it to move you forward. There are things that God will allow to happen to our outward selves but our inward selves cannot be broken. What seems like is happening is not really happening. We may not see the spiritual world at work but we can be sure that God is working it all out for our good.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- 2020 has taken many things from us. What is something that 2020 has taken that you are grateful is gone?
- What you behold you become. If you focus on problems you become problems. If you focus on fear you become fear. What has been your main focus this year? If you have been focusing on something negative, how can you change your focus to something positive?
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:17-18, 4:1. As long as we are looking at Jesus we become like Jesus. Even if the world is in doubt, look to Jesus. What are some ways to focus on Jesus even when the world around you is crumbling? How can we be more like Jesus in a fallen world?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:7-9. God never stops. He is always going further than the last time. Praise God for His ability to go beyond anything you’ve seen Him do in your past. How does God speak to you? How do you thank God every time He does something great in your life?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your group if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. This week, pray for those people that feel the pressure on the outside but don’t have the Holy Spirit to help them stay firm. Let’s pray that they run to the comforter for peace and salvation.