- What’s your favorite seat on an airplane?
- What is something you can’t cook?
- What is one important skill every person should have?
OPEN IN PRAYER
To flip the script, we have to control the things (not people) that are under our dominion. It is hard to control things and make decisions when we are overwhelmed and tired. We get overwhelmed and tired when we are empty and far from the Holy Spirt. We need to stay close to the Spirit because it inspires us to keep going and gives us strength. And when we are strong, we can celebrate our small and big wins. Make sure to always define your wins and celebrate them, no matter what they look like.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Weariness never brings about great decision making. Have you ever made a decision while being overwhelmed? How did it turn out?
- If you don’t define a win then you and the people with you don’t know how to celebrate. You don’t wait to celebrate when you lose 100 pounds, celebrate when you lose 10 pounds. What is a win for you? Do the people around you know how to celebrate with you?
- Read Luke 13:6-9. The tree wasn’t producing because it was comfortable. God will make you dig greater roots because there is greater fruit. Do you believe that this year has been about God shaking your roots? What would it feel like to win in this season?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Make sure to ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. This week pray for those people that feel shaken up but don’t know that it could be God setting them up for success. Pray that they seek God in their instability and find him in the process.