- What is your favorite car?
- Go to summer snack?
- What advise do you wish someone gave you in your younger years?
OPEN IN PRAYER
We are called to be a kingdom of priest (an intercessor) and representative to God. We will have to intercede for our children and families. We will have to intercede for our marriages, our business, our finances. We will have to pray and le tour prayers be the bridge from what is and what God desires it to be. Jesus said in the bible that His house will be a „house of prayer “. We have been bought with a price and we are not our own. Even Jesus when He was in the garden of Gethsemane. He was struggling with the task before Him and ask if there was a way to “pass the cup from Him”, but nevertheless, He submitted Himself unto God that His will be done. Jesus’ prayers were heard from God because He reverently submitted Himself to God. Let’s learn more about yielding to God.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read James 4:1-6 The scripture speaks that we ask for and desire things that are not of God but of our own agenda. We may ask but we do not receive but we approach God with the wrong motive. We think what we want first and then ask God to do it. God is not obligated to give us our own desires, but He is obligated to give us everything He promised. The word says God called us “adulterer” for wanting what “the world” does, which is anything opposite of God. But it states that God does give grace to the humble. Is there a time you can remember that you had to lie your desire down to submit to God’s plan? Was this difficult? Explain how and why.
- Read Isaiah 55:8-9 When God is asking you to yield it may not look good in your eyes, but the scripture says that God’s thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways. Therefore, when He asks us to “yield” to His will it is because He has the panoramic view of something we only see a snapshot of. Does this scripture help you to trust God when He says “wait”, “no”, or “not yet”?
- Read 1 John 2:15-16 The bible speaks of the three areas that represent the “world”. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. He says that the world is passing away and the lust of it but he who does the will of God abides forever. Does this scripture confirm why it is the safest place to be in “God’s will”? Share a time you were out of His will and a consequence you experienced because of it.
Read John 14:13 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Read 1 John 5:14-15 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of H
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Go to the bible this week and see what is yours “In His Name”, the name of Jesus. These are the things you should pray “In Jesus Name”.