- What would be your dream vacation and why?
- What is one your favorite memorable quote or scripture?
- If you could ask Jesus to change one problem in the world today, which problem would you pick?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Prayers of The Righteous: The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5:16). Prayer is the key to the kingdom and faith unlocks the door. Pastor Ron teaches us that a righteous person must first position himself accordingly when approaching God. An effectual prayer is a prayer that is successful in producing a desired result. When we pray, we should pray fervently which means praying with passion and intensity. When we approach God, we should come before Him with a pure and humble heart. We should consider both our physical and spiritual heart posture when we pray. When we come before God with a passionate heart and in reverence on our knees, we are more likely to produce an effectual harvest. This posture is a long-established position that demonstrates humility, repentance, submission, and supplication to God in prayer. In Psalms 51 David, humbly comes before God with passion asking for forgiveness of his sins. His contrite heart shows his willingness to submit to the will of God without any resistance or resentment. We too should try to pray with fear and reverence to the Lord. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew 5:8)
- When we prepare to enter into the presence of God, we must first ask ourselves Am I in position of holiness?
- Have I had any thoughts, words, or actions that are contrary to God’s word?
- How do you physically approach God in prayer? On your knees? while driving? While sleeping?
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Matthew 16:19 “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you lose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Binding and loosing are a Jewish phrase giving authority to someone to determine whether something is allowed or forbidden. That is to say “to bind” is to tie, be in bondage, or be forbidden. While “to lose” means to set free, break up, or allow. Question what are somethings you need to bind or loose in your life?
- In this sermon series Pastor Ron teaches us how to use the scriptures in prayer and how to stand our ground as believers; by utilizing our legal authority of prayer. For example, in Matthew 15:26-28 demonstrates the example of healing. Lord, you said in your word that healing is the children’s bread. I declare healing according to the word of the Lord. Furthermore, John 16:23 states “In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” Jesus declared for us to “Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed”. In the world we face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!” Because Jesus Christ conquered the world, we can pray and seek God in authority utilizing the keys of the kingdom. The authority of Jesus’ name gives us access to our heavenly Father. It enables us to agree with Him and his purposes for our lives. We also have authority to ask him to fulfill his word as he meets our needs and the needs of others. What can we learn from John 16?
- God didn’t spare his own Son but handed him over ⌊to death⌋ for all of us. So, he will also give us everything along with him. Romans 8:32 Jesus is actively working for our good, representing us as our attorney to God: “(Hebrews 7:25). If the Son is representing you, then you don’t have to worry about your requests being heard by the Father. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit, who assists in exercising power of attorney and enables us to pray. “The Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will” (Romans 8:27). “Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests”
Prayer is the greatest opportunity for growth and spiritual favor that is offered to a person in Christ. God has given us the keys to go beyond our natural potential. However, we must gain spiritual insight, wisdom, and clarity through prayer. Prayer is for everyone in the entire body of Christ. All of us have the power to bring God’s will on earth as it is in heaven. So, the world can be healed and transformed by God’s Grace and Mercy. Pastor is teaching us the purpose and position; God has given us to ask heaven to come down. Let’s prepare our heart, mind, soul, and will agree that God’s will, will be done in our lives until “the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ” (Revelation 11:15). Let’s work together on becoming a person of prayer.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Support one another in your prayer requests and share and celebrate praise reports.