- What’s something you’re looking forward to, and why?
- What is your one piece of advice to everyone here?
- What color are your eyes?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Loving God and loving people. God is easy to love but people can sometimes be a little more difficult. Today’s message focuses on how to love God. Nowadays we see a pop culture church, where no one knows the bible anymore, everything is prepackaged, and it has created a laziness over their congregation. But the word of God in Ephesians 4 is to equip the saints for works of service. The Word of God is supposed to equip you for works of service until you obtain the full measure of the stature of Christ. But how do we do this? Seeking the Lord and calling on God for anything we want Him to do in our lives. The bible says that when we diligently seek Him, we will find Him.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Luke 10:25-28 In this scripture, a lawyer asked Jesus how he could inherit eternal life. Jesus asked him what is written in the law? The lawyer answered, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus confirmed to him that he answered correctly and that he should do this, and he will live. The heart represents our passions and desires. The soul represents your mind, will and emotions. The mind represents your understanding and what we mediate on. God wants to be loved using every one of these parts. What would God do in your life if you begin to passionately worship Him? What are ways you can show God your love for Him with “all your might”?
- Read Matthew 16:13-20 The bible says that Jesus asked his disciples who do men say that I am? Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus answered Peter “Blessed are you, Simon, for flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father in heaven.” Jesus called out Peter and said on this rock I will build the church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail. Jesus goes on to say that He is giving keys to the kingdom. The revelation will come in the form of “keys” and that will determine how much of the kingdom you experience here on earth. Do you know what the “keys of the kingdom” are? Discuss the keys as a group.
- Read Matthew 6:33 In this passage, it states “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Sometimes people are busy with their own goals and chasing their own desires and purpose. As you walk through life instead of doing what you feel is right, seek God’s will in all that you do. Seek God’s ways first of doing right and seek a right relationship with Him. God wants to be loved in such a way. How can we learn to love God this way? What are some things we can do to “first seek the kingdom”?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. As a group write a list of things that you are grateful for. Meditate on the goodness of God this week.