- What’s your favorite flower or plant?
- What’s your middle name?
- Are you a back seat driver?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Many times, we pray about things, but we never seek God in the matter. God says if we seek Him first, we will never have to ask again. To seek means “to get to the bottom of the matter.” Worship is another way to show the Lord that we love Him. When we come together to worship God, we are intermingling heaven and earth, and we lift up worship with those on earth and those who have gone to heaven before us. You can’t love someone unless you seek them out. God wants to be loved the way that He loves. He sought us out even when we were in great sin. He served us and chased us and hunted us. God desired to be loved by us the way He has always loved us. Now is the time to show Him with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind. Time is never wasted when we chase Our Heavenly Father with our love.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Genesis 3:8-11 Adam and Eve heard the Lord walking and looking for them in the garden in this passage. It was God who was seeking them even after they sinned. God continued to show them mercy, grace and He protected them. God showed an example of agape love towards Adam and Eve. Share a time God chased after you during a time of your life when you were far from Him? How has God’s agape love showed up in your life?
- Read Ezekiel 28:12-17 The bible speaks of the fall of the “anointed cherub.” He was created by God to worship Him always. When he fell into darkness that space was left open for God’s desire for worship. What are the ways we can worship the Lord? Do you praise Him only when He comes through for you, or is it a lifestyle?
- Read Philippians 3:7-12 Paul says in the passage that he counts all things as “dung” (animal waste). Dung is used as a fertilizer that helps crops to grow. Paul says he counts everything difficult that he went through in life as “fertilizer” so that he may gain Christ. In other words, it was worth it because it caused him to chase Jesus! How has some of the difficult times in your life used as a launching pad now? Share with the group a small piece of your testimony when this was evident.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Journal this week ways that you are seeking God and chasing Him down with you love and worship!