- What is your absolute dream job?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
OPEN IN PRAYER
(Read When Prompted)
- Genesis 12:1-4
- 1 Peter 2:9-10
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Abraham was 75 years old when God made a covenant with him. Read Genesis 12:1-4. It wasn’t until he was 100 years that he bore a son and started to see the covenant with God come to pass. When Sarah, Abrahams wife, heard about God’s promise that they would bear a son at such an old age, she laughed. All God wants is for you to believe Him. You don’t have to make it happen, just believe He’ll do it. But before Abraham was able to complete the covenant with God he would have to come out of 3 things: Get out of his country, his family and his fathers house.
- All that God would give Abraham was contingent on him coming out of his country. Your country is where you find your identity, ethnicity and/or race. This label was man-made by your mother and father. But you can’t be defined by the label of the color and kind that other people tell you to be. Whether you believe it or not there are prejudices in other people’s minds due to the color of someone’s skin. If you’re going to be part of God’s nation you’ll have to come out of the parameters that people have put over you. God never said people will stop calling you names and stop having prejudices over you but you will have to keep breaking those names and prejudices against you. When you are born of God’s genes you can do God’s things. Have you ever felt someone’s prejudice against you or someone close to you? Have you ever pre-judged someone before knowing him or her?
- God said He can’t make you a great nation if you don’t come out of your family or socio-economic status. These are again, man-made parameters that keep you stuck where you grew up. These parameters make you think you can’t supersede the standards of being poor or the side of town you live in. God wants us to exit what you are to become what you’re going to be. Were there things that you wanted when you were young but couldn’t get because of lack? As an adult, have you been able to achieve that dream you had as a child?
- God said He can’t make you a great nation if you don’t come out of your father’s house or your bloodline. You cannot be defined by your generational curses. There are people that expect nothing good out of you because of the family you belong to. Isaiah 10:27 says, the anointing destroys the yoke! God can take you into His nation, but you’ve got to be willing to come out! Read 1 Peter 2:9-10 – What does the word say you are? Do you believe you are higher than the curses your ancestors have set for you?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your group how you can pray for them this week. Pray for those that are struggling to get out of their country, family and fathers house. This is not easy! Ask the Lord to give people strength to become part of His nation!