- If you were a potato, what way would you be cooked?
- Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
- Are you a listener or a talker?
OPEN IN PRAYER
This week’s message is speaking on the topic of potential. Your potential is to be determined, not by God but by you. God foreknows you and has predestined you and there is a plan for your life. The Holy Spirit lives inside of you and knows what that plan is and will speak to you at different decision-making times of your life. He will show you which way you are to go to follow God’s plan. The choice whether you obey or not in that moment is not up to God but will be up to you. Are you living out your God potential? Could you be successful doing the wrong thing? Just because you may be successful at something does not mean it is God’s will for your life. True satisfaction and fulfillment in life comes from knowing you are doing what God intended for your life.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Galatians 4:1-2 The bible says that if an heir is a minor, they are not much different than a servant. Although he is master over ALL of them. An inheritance is prearranged blessing that cannot be released until the time of maturity has been reached. Do you consider yourself mature in the Lord? What does it look like to be “mature”?
- Read Romans 7:16-23 This passage speaks of the struggle between your flesh and spirit. It speaks of the struggle between the “law in my members, warring against the law in my mind and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin” Are you a “captive Christian?” Is there something that still rules over you? What is the “ONE THING” you still struggle with?
- Read Romans 8:16-18 The scripture speak that the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to us as he whispers, “You are God’s beloved child.” Since we are His children, we qualify to share all his treasures, for we are heirs of God himself. Since we are joined to Christ, we also inherit all that he is all that he has. We will experience being co-glorified with him provide that we accept his sufferings as our own. Any suffering we endure is nothing compared to the magnitude of glory that is about to be revealed to us. Can you share a difficult experience you suffered through, but God turned it around for His glory? Share what you received from that experience? How did you grow? What did you learn?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Pray for every member that they may bear fruit of the Spirit as truly mature sons and daughters of God led by the Holy Spirit.