- What is your favorite season?
- Do you like to read books on the beach?
- What are your summer plans?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Many times, to honor God in a decision, it may look like you are going against the grain to conventional wisdom. This is a time you will need to learn to “shut doors”. As you shut these doors you will starve the flesh and shut the provision that it has. When you submit yourself to others and become accountable, that is the road to true maturity. Those that are led by the Spirit of God will make decisions based on what God says and not the flesh. People who are saved but make decisions by the flesh, reflect their relationship with Jesus a only casual. When a person is led by the Spirit and live their life maturely that way, they will have access to what the Father releases because of the relationship they have with Him.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Romans 8:5-7 This scripture told of those who are motivated by the flesh only pursue what benefits themselves. But those who live by the impulses of the Holy Spirit are motivated to pursue spiritual realities. Is it possible to be motivated by your flesh but still live the will of God? What needs to change so that you can truly live by the Spirit?
- Read Romans 13:14 The bible speaks to make no provision for the flesh. The message speaks to follow your anointing (Christ) and refuse to crack the door to the flesh. The question Pastor Ron asked is, “What have you opened the door to?”
- Read John 19:25-27 Pastor Ron shares the story from this passage about the relationship of Mary and her son Jesus. He states that while Jesus was on the cross He spoke to Mary and told her that John was now her son. At that time John took Mary to his home to live. Jesus showed in this example that he could not have his flesh connection (his mother Mary) crying out for Him while He was trying to listen and follow the Spirit of the Lord. What do you need to close the door to (the flesh) so that you can move as the spirit leads you?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Pray for every member of your group that they remain led by the Spirit. Also cover one another to close the door to the flesh. Appoint members as accountability partners to do weekly check-ins as needed.