- What do you do for a beach day?
- Where is your favorite local restaurant?
- Do you journal daily?
OPEN IN PRAYER
In the message we learn we have an inheritance that Christ should be revealed in the world through you and me. We all should be able to say that when you see us, you see the Father because we are His glory. Jesus showed the disciples examples of authority, healing power, restoration and did things His Father told him to do here on earth. Now Jesus took them to a place to show them an end of a process. He took them to the mountain top to a “high place”, away from everyone. There is never a place called “there” that you reach, but God will always call you “upward”. When you reach a high place, you can see further and see more of the view. It is not easy to go to high places, but when God calls you upward it usually is calling you out of mediocrity. God might call you out to a lonely place, but that is an indication that He is about to use you in a mighty way.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Matthew 17:1-8 The bible tells the story of Jesus taking His three closest disciples, who are about to become apostles up to the mountain of transfiguration. Jesus revealed His true nature to them in that time and let his inner reality bleed through his humanity. They saw glimpses while on earth with Him but now they saw the pure glory of God that was in Him. Have you recently been called out by God to a higher place that might have felt like isolation? If yes, share your experience with the group. What is God revealing to you during this time in the “cocoon”?
- Read 1 John 1:5-7 The scripture speaks of John speaking what he learned from Jesus. He said that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all. He said if we claim that we share life with Him but keep walking in darkness, we are fooling ourselves. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we will have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sins. How can we continue to walk in the light with the Lord? Why is it important to confess our sins?
- Read Romans 12: 1-2 The Passion translation states this: “Beloved friends, what should be our proper response to God’s marvelous mercies? To surrender yourselves to God to be his sacred, living sacrifices. And live-in holiness, experiencing all that delights his heart. For this becomes your genuine expression of worship. Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.” What are steps you take to renew your mind daily? How do you allow the Holy Spirit to transform you from inside out?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Let us continue to cover one another in prayer and lift each other during the week. Be intentional to give words of affirmation to one another in the group.