- What is your favorite sport or physical activity?
- You’re going sail around the world, what’s the name of your boat?
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
OPEN IN PRAYER
An inheritance is a pre-arraigned blessing to be released at a specific time of maturity. Having an inheritance and being an heir is about who is your daddy. We are all heirs of the kingdom but we need to be spiritually mature to unlock it. To be spiritually mature, the character of Jesus has taken root in you. Instead of running from your issues, you run to Jesus. You are not governed by your surroundings and you know you have the power to change it. You can walk into chaos and have the anointing to bring order. You can walk into a sad atmosphere and the anointing brings joy. What you believe about God is not subject to change no matter what you are going through.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Galatians 4:1-2. Have you ever inherited something? What was the process of you receiving that inheritance?
- Maturity in the Bible is not a chronological age but a place you reach in God. What does a spiritually mature person look like on a daily basis? How do you think they deal with the big problems they may face?
- Read Hebrews 5:12-14. People who are forming their character are eating solid food. Forming your character means living more like Jesus. You’re not mature because you’ve made more money but because the character of Jesus has taken root in you. Name off the characteristics of Jesus. Which characteristics are most important for your spiritual formation?
- Sympathy is when you feel what others feel because you’ve had the same experience. Read Hebrews 4:14-16. Jesus has felt what you’ve felt but he didn’t do what you did. Name off some things Jesus went through. What are some things you went through that you can sympathize with the life of Jesus?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask those in your group if they have specific prayer requests. This week let’s keep praying for the social unrest in this world. Let’s be honest, this week has been heart breaking and tiring. Include in your prayers for rest to the broken hearted and courage for those who are living injustice everyday.