- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is a hidden talent you have?
- Do you know how to speak a second language?
OPEN IN PRAYER
This teaching is all about faith. Faith comes from hearing and reading the Word. When the word settles in you, it produces harvest. This is a tough time because we have to decipher the season between reason and excuse. When we have reasons, they give way to apathy. Jesus self-described the lukewarm as people He would spew from His mouth. Everyone wants bible results, which are the blessings and promises of God. The kingdom is seed time and harvest, so there must be a seed-full season if you plan to produce a harvest season. We determine if we are “good ground” to receive the seed. The bible said there is stony ground and there is ground that is choked up by thorns. The condition of the ground means the condition of our hearts. We are in control of the condition of our heart, and we must seek God if there is anything or anyone we need to forgive or release. That way, you are ready to receive the word, and when it settles in your heart, it will produce a plentiful harvest.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read John 17:14-18 – (con’t from last week) Jesus stated that the word that was placed in the disciples separated them from the world. When we are in the world but not of it, we then have the power to change it. If we are like a culture, we will not be able to change it. But if the word of God is in us, it sanctifies us and sets us apart. Then we are able effect other atmospheres and change it. Why is it important to read and know the word of God? How does that make us different than the rest of the world?
- Read 1 John 2:12-17 (con’t from last week) As we shared last week this scripture, God defines “world” and says it originates in one of three places: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. God does not look at the action of someone, but He looks at the heart. We work out our salvation with fear and trembling. This is from the inside out! We are interested in the details of someone’s sin, but God places sin in one of these three categories. They are not loves with commitment they are lust based. Relationships do not last when they are built on lust, it will never be enough. It will fade away. The love of God is a covenant love that cannot change and on your worse day He can’t love you any less. Why is it important to examine our hearts and original intent of our decisions of life? Discuss how you can do this with your group.
- Read Genesis 3:6 – When Adam was tempted with the fruit of the tree of life, he saw that it was good for food (lust of the flesh), fruit was pleasing to the eye (lust of the eye), and it will give you wisdom (Pride of life-ego). The first Adam tempted and failed at all three points. Then Jesus came and was tempted in Matthew 4:3-10 by Satan. Jesus was the second Adam (the new beginning for humanity). Jesus passed all three points of temptation, and when this happened Satan left Him. This is all that he has to try to destroy humanity. How do you know if you are operating out of one of these three sins? There will be a lack of contentment, and nothing has any lasting satisfaction. Because these three areas of sin pass away.
- Read John 16:33- (con’t from last week) Jesus spoke that He has overcome the world. Jesus gave us His word and because of Him we can overcome too.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports.
Share with your group where you need prayer and prophesy your return! Encourage one another to stay connected, heart check daily and let the word of God define you.