- Are you a foodie?
- Is there place you like to visit that’s local but feels like it’s somewhere far?
- Are you enjoying Pastor Ron & Hope’s podcasts/Riff?
OPEN IN PRAYER
The original creation was never meant to respond to your hands but to your words. In the bible, many times, it states, “And God said…and there was.” God told Adam to function the same way as Him. Once Adam sinned, then he had to start working with his hands. You never heard the word labor till after the fall of man. From the very beginning, the world was created by God to respond by a spoken word. When Jesus died on the cross, He said, “It is finished,” and that meant everything He was going to do was done. Since everything was already “done,” we must learn how to move the invisible into the visible; let’s dive deeper and see exactly how we do that.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Luke 17:5-6 “And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.” Jesus said if you can have faith the size of a mustard seed, the word (seed) of what you are praying for, will garner a response. When you have an issue in life do you immediately grab a seed (word of God) to stand on in prayer? Are you keeping something alive with your words that should have died long ago?
- Read John 15:7:8 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.” The question is, do you have a great gift? Are you using it for God?
- Read Romans 10:14-17 “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” The scriptures confirm that the word of God is what will increase our faith. It is pure truth, that is the rock we can stand on when we are believing for something. Doubt can come in when we start to focus on anything other than His truth. How do you incorporate the word in your daily life? Besides hearing a Sunday sermon, do you read it? Write it? Put stickies up everywhere? Listen to the word as you sleep? How do you meditate on the Word?
- Read Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” The way you initiated the first gift God had for you (salvation) was by this scripture. You believed with your heart and confessed with your mouth. This is why the declaration of the word of God is so important. How can you declare the word in your life every day? Share examples with your group how you can or already do that.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Encourage one another to stand on the word of God when prayers are going up. Share which scriptures you are standing on.