- Favorite place to relax?
- What’s your pet peeve?
- Do you have a middle name? If yes, what is it?
OPEN IN PRAYER
How many of you have struggled to do the right thing? We are one person but many relationships flow from us. God is one but He is three, (Father, Son & Holy Spirit). We were made in the image of God, and we are a body, soul and spirit. Your body communicates to you what is going on in the natural. With our spirit when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our spirit has connection to the Holy Spirit and guides us. The soul is our mind, will, emotions and experiences. The soul is the place that holds every hurt and trauma that we have ever experienced. Do you want to know how to be set free? Let’s dig in deeper.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life. Not all issues that we have in life are from a devil. Most times we blame the devil when it has nothing to do with him. We have no good thing in our flesh. This is why the bible says to guard/keep our hearts because the issues of life spring from it. We cannot blame someone else for the pain we may suffer with when we have the power with the Lord to heal and change it! We must guard our heart and protect it and be careful who we allow access to our heart. We do not guard at the heart but at the gates (eye gate & ear gate). What do we allow in our eyes or ears? What do we need to change in our lives to guard our hearts?
- Read Mark 4:1- And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. 2 Then He taught them many things by parables and said to them in His teaching: 3 “Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds [a]of the air came and devoured it. 5 Some fell on stony ground, where it did not have much earth; and immediately it sprang up because it had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up it was scorched, and because it had no root it withered away. 7 And some seed fell among thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no [b]crop. 8 But other seed fell on good ground and yielded a crop that sprang up, increased and produced: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.” 9 And He said [c]to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!” In this passage, Jesus is speaking about the condition of our hearts and the word of God. We must wash our mind with the word of God. How can you wash your mind with the word everyday? What are ways you check your heart on a daily basis? Do you have a mentor or safe person who has permission to call things out in your life that do not work with God’s will for your life?
- Read Romans 7:15-25 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 1 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. How often do you mediate on the word of God? When you are struggling do you automatically go to the bible to seek wisdom to help you?
- Read Romans 8:5 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be [b]carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. When an issue or thought comes up to your mind, you have a decision every time to make. You have a choice to follow your flesh or the spirit inside of you. You must learn when to “yield” to your spirit and tell the flesh to shut up. What are things you can do to help you listen to your spirit? What can we mediate on to ensure our mind is focusing on the “right thing”?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Support one another in your prayer requests and share and celebrate praise reports. Focus on washing your mind and thoughts with the word of God.