- Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
- What is the strangest gift you have ever received?
- If you had an extra hour of time everyday, how would you use it?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Faith is not conceived in the mind, but in the heart. The Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God. It is not a matter of memorizing scripture, it is a matter of “do you believe?”
The Bible speaks of three heavens, 1. The Earth’s Atmosphere, 2. The Heavenlies and 3. The Abode of God. When Jesus taught the disciples to pray, He said “….My kingdom come, and My will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Jesus taught the way heaven functions is available for us here on earth, if we have FAITH to believe and receive it.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Matthew 7:21-29. Jesus said even though you call Him “Lord” this does not mean you can enter the Kingdom of Heaven. By hearing the word and becoming a “doer” Jesus compared them to a wise man who built his house on “the rock.” But everyone who hears these things and does not apply them, Jesus called them foolish and great would be their fall since they built their house on “sand.” What are some basic tools needed to build a house? What type of material is in a houses foundation? Why are houses not built on sand?
- Read Ephesians 1:3. The word says every spiritual blessing has already been given to us. Jesus Christ died on the cross and now sits (rests) at the right hand of the Father. His work is finished and now all that we need is available to us. What does it mean that Jesus’ work is finished? When you pray do you have faith that these things are already done in heaven?
- When we apply the word and receive breakthrough, then we have an “experience” of God. Share in your group any God experiences (healings, miracles, testimonies).
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. This week share promises you are standing on and places you may be lacking in faith so everyone can cover you in prayer during the week.