- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What was the first concert you ever went to?
- If you’re stranded on a desert island and have the option of bringing three items with you, what three items would they be?
OPEN IN PRAYER
God did not give us a mouth just for communication but to create our world. When God created Adam, He gave him dominion over the earth and all things in it. Since Adam was created in His image, whatever Adam named the things on earth, that’s what it was called. When the fall of man occurred, Adam lost his power over the earth. God then sent His only Son to restore man back to God. Jesus is the answer to put the world back to God’s original intent. Jesus came to this earth and showed us the example on how to speak life or death. God has a myriad of things He wants to release into our lives, but He is just waiting for us to speak it.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Proverbs 18:20-21. The Bible says that it is easier to conquer a strong city than to win back a friend who you offended. Our words can change someone’s life for better or worse. Do you remember a time you said something to someone you love and immediately regretted it? What are some things you did to try to “make things right” with the other person?
- Read Romans 10:8-10. Paul spoke that if we confess with our mouth and believe in our heart that Jesus is Lord and that He was raised from the dead, we will be saved. Share your salvation story with the group. Describe the chain of events that caused faith to rise up in you to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
- Pastor Ron shared that in John 19:25-27, Mary (the mother of Jesus) stood at the foot of the cross, crying out for Him. Jesus, while on the cross realized he could not complete His mission while his mother was speaking life over Him. He gave his mother over to John to care for her so that He could die. What do you need to release so that you can accomplish the work God has placed before you? Are you speaking life to things you should have let die long ago?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Let us focus on what we are speaking life and death to. Let us be mindful to not continue to speak life over things that need to die and that we not kill things that need resuscitation.