- What’s the craziest dare you ever took?
- If you were to change your name, what name would you change to and why?
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life what would it be?
OPEN IN PRAYER
The Bible says the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. The tongue has the ability to defile everything in your life. It can birth the negative cycles in your life that seem unbreakable. But the word says we can birth a “new course” with our tongue. He used the example in James 3 that horses have bits and bridles in their mouths so that we can control and guide their large bodies. The same with mighty ships, though they are massive and driven by fierce winds, they are steered by a tiny rudder by a person at the helm. God is showing us that He has given us power to control our tongues, and that will help us to see positive changes in our lives.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read James 3:2-6 The Bible says we all fail in many areas, but especially with our words. It states that if we are able to bridle the words we say, we will be able to control ourselves in every way. This shows that we have a mature and fully developed character. What are some areas you need to re-examine and look at the choice of words you use? Are you full of faith and speak life over one area but fall into habit or careless words about another area? Are your words consistent?
- The tongue is so set on you like a person that it has been given the power to birth cycles. We can birth a new course with our tongue. Have there been words that other people have spoken over you that have affected you? How can you birth a cycle of God’s love over your life and the lives of others?
- Pastor Ron shared that when we speak and release the word of God, we give it legal authority to enter the earth. As a group, share some scriptures (God’s word) that you are currently “releasing” into the earth realm.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Let us remember the power the tongue has in our lives. Let us not be careless with idle words. Focus this week to edify and send encouraging, life-giving words to group members.