- What did you have for breakfast?
- What was your first concert?
- What is your favorite junk food or snack?
OPEN IN PRAYER
Character is normally tied to something that is consistent and unchanging. Integrity means you have been integrated, spirit, soul (mind, will, emotions) and body. The bible says we will have dominion over the earth but before we have that we must “be made” in His image. Our will must be given over to His will for our lives. Jesus said we must deny our flesh, pick up our cross and follow Him. God wants us to rule in our life, with nothing to rule over us but the Holy Spirit. In order to accomplish this, we must allow God time to develop us.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Galatians 5:22-23 The bible says that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If we live in the Spirit, we are to walk in the Spirit. Do you live in such a way where the fruit is evident in your life? If yes, how so? If no, why not? What needs to change so you will be able to see fruit?
- We may see someone operating in their gifts of the Holy Spirit and we sometimes think they spend a lot of time with God. Gifts are given freely and show the love of the giver not the recipient. Fruit of the Spirit are attitudes and Godly characteristics that describe who a person is at their core. Fruit is not given; it is birthed, and you cannot have fruit without intimacy with the Holy Spirit. Share what some of your God-given gifts are with the group. Share fruit of the Spirit that function in your life. Talk about the differences.
- Romans 8:29 The passage states that God foreknew and predestined us to be conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. We were born to be conformed in the image of Jesus. Is the image of Jesus evident in every part of your life? If not, where should your focus be to improve?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. This week focus on the gifts of the spirit. Pray for one another that Holy Spirit will highlight where you are strong and where we may need to focus on with Him. Dig deeper in your relationship with Holy Spirit, especially this week.