- What takes a lot of time but is totally worth it?
- What’s your favorite type of day? (weather, temp, etc.)
- What does your perfect breakfast look like?
OPEN IN PRAYER
When a King in the old testament sent out his word, he would dip his ring in ink and place his image on the paper. After the governors and centurions read the word, they saw his image and only then the word had power to be executed. This is just the same as when we bare the image of the King and that is evident in our lives. Then when we speak His name, all power will come with it. Kings care about reputation, honor, glory and their name. You will only be able to have dominion in your life when the things that mean something to God mean something to you. It is the desire of God to show off, through His children, not for us but to show His greatness to the rulers of the world.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read Psalm 138:2 The passion translation states “I will bow down before your divine presence and bring you my deepest worship as I experience your tender love and your living truth. For your Word and the fame of your name have been magnified above all else!” In this passage it is clear that the name of God is above all else. In your daily life do you show reverence for His name? Does it bother you when you hear someone take the Lord’s name in vain? What do you think people say when they hear your name?
- Read Philippians 2:9-11 The bible says that because Jesus obeyed His Father, God then exalted him and multiplied his greatness. He was then given the name above ALL names! The authority of the name of Jesus causes every knee to bow in reverence. Discuss the greatness of the name of Jesus? What is the importance of relationship with Jesus and using His name (in prayer, declarations, etc.)?
- In the book of Esther, the bible states she prepared for an entire year before approaching the King. She knew the importance of His word, and if she could get him to speak, there would be power behind it and the entire Hebrew nation would be saved. How would you prepare before going before a king? When you read the word of God do you view it as optional or as law?
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Let us focus on the importance of our name and how we can we glorify the Lord’s name (bare His image) in the way that we live our lives.