- What is your favorite season?
- Which historical figures would you like to meet?
- What is your Easter Sunday plans?
OPEN IN PRAYER
The definition of character is – “the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.” The message states the true character of a person manifest when their standards and values are tested. The bible says that not only life will bring test, but God Himself will test you in this matter. We worship the Lord when we do the right thing and even though we are tempted, we remain steadfast in our values. That consistent behavior is what brings God the glory and sends praises to heaven. When we fail, we can still fail successfully using the proper tools discussed in this message and submitting to trustworthy authority. There is a pathway back to the original intent of your life and God is there to help you the entire way.
LET’S TALK ABOUT IT!
- Read John 21:15 – 17 The passage focuses on the interaction between Peter and Jesus after His resurrection. Jesus found Peter had run back to his old life when he denied Jesus and felt like a failure. Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him three times and then instructed him to feed lambs. Discuss why did Jesus question Peter’s love for Him not once but three times. By Peter going back to his old life what does that say about his character?
- Proverbs 17:3 The bible says that in the same way that gold and silver are refined by fire, the Lord purifies our hearts with tests and trials of life. Share a time in your life that a test or trial changed your heart. What was something you did consistently during this period of time that helped you process?
- Here is the process that Pastor Ron shared to help restore trust after it has been broken.
- Admit your need for help. You cannot restore yourself.
- Confess that you violated trust. Take full responsibility without explanation and defense.
- Chose qualified and reliable authority you can be accountable to. Submit to the authority without conditions and allow them to represent you.
Discuss this process as a group. If someone needs help walking this out, discuss this with your leader.
PRAYER FOCUS & REQUESTS
Ask your members if they have any prayer requests or praise reports. Pray for anyone that may be struggling with failure. Encourage one another and find a reliable accountability partner.